EMBODI, a new program for 9th - 12th grade African American males in the Kent County area being sponsored by the Dover Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. The chapter is partnering with men's groups in the community such as Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, the Cavalier's, along with several individual influential males to bring you this signature program, whose focus is on the academic, social and emotional growth of young Black men.
As an 9th - 12th grader, you may ask yourself ----"What kind of program is it? Why should I join? What's in it for me?" These are all good questions.
The program offers you a unique opportunity to network with other young men who have goals and dreams, but may face some challenges when trying to reach them. As a member of EMBODI you will:
If you would like to be a member of EMBODI, please complete the attached application and return it by the deadline.
- Attend a monthly meeting - 2nd Sunday of the month from 3:30 - 6:00 at the Modern Maturity Center in Dover
- Discuss a variety of topics with affluent African-American men
- Be paired with a "Life Coach"
- Participate in numerous activities such as going to sports events (basketball games, football games) and attending cultural outings (Harlem Hip-Hop Tours)
- Provide public service
- Attend college tours
- Have an opportunity to raise scholarship money
- Socialize with the Delta GEMS at the end of most meetings
- Have fun!
Embodi Application Contact Information
Embodi Calendar of Events